My friend Steve suggested found inspiration in the New York Time's Magazine "Meh" List, and thought it would be a perfect addition to On Common Ground. While I'm not sure how often I'll post a list, I agreed with his thinking.
So here are the things I am "Meh" about at this time:
- Pedicures. So far, Boston sucks at pedicures. Toronto sucked too. NYC has been the only place I've been able to get a decent pedicure that includes a proper foot massage and gentle handling of cuticle cutting and callous scraping. It's gotten so bad - my distaste for the experience and finished product of badly painted toenails - that I now just do them myself at home... And save the $45.
- Calamari. Ever since I listened to that episode of This American Life that alleges some restaurants in the states are substituting sliced and deep fried pig rectum for calamari, I am never touching the stuff again. Not that I did before much, really. Tentacles freak me out. And okay, there have been articles debunking this myth since then... But still, I ain't taking any chances.
- Fashion Magazines. I used to read close to 10 fashion and style magazines a month. But because of all the digital content being produced these days, it is getting harder and harder to justify paying for a print magazine. Now, the ones I read regularly every month are Vogue (US), Harpers Bazaar, and Elle. I recently dropped picking up Allure and InStyle. They are both complete crap. The editorial is dull, and the pictorials are uninspiring. How long till I stop picking the other three up every month? I will probably continue to do so... As I travel quite a bit and need something to read during take-off and landing on a plane.
- New England Winters. Tomorrow is the first day of Spring. But it is snowing and pouring freezing rain here. The Groundhog lied. And for that, he should die.
- Grumpy Cat. But knowing that bitch, he probably likes that.
What is on your "Meh" List?